Open Daily, Year-Round
10:00am - 5:00pm
First Tour: 10:00am
Last Tour: 4:00pm
Check Weather Conditions
- We are open everyday for tours except Christmas Day and Thanksgiving Day.
- If the weather calls for snow or ice, call ahead to make sure the caverns are open. Visitor safety is a top priority so we will close the caverns if the weather or road conditions become too dangerous.
- Expect to walk several hundred feet on an uncovered gravel pathway to the cave entrance – bring a warm coat in the cool seasons and a rain jacket and umbrella for rainy days.
- The road to access the caverns is gravel, ending in a fairly steep hill down to the caverns. These roads may be challenging in inclement weather. Make sure your vehicle is suitable for these conditions.
- Wear comfortable shoes, preferably with a closed toe and good traction. You will be walking three-fourths of a mile over the course of your tour in areas that are near gravel, dirt and rocks. Several portions of the pathway are wet and could be slick.
- Have a light jacket or sweater to wear in the caverns – 57 degrees can feel chilly for many folks. We have sweatshirts for sale in the Gift Shop.
- Dress casually and be prepared to be dripped on during the caverns walk. We call these drips “Cavern Kisses.”
- Bring bug spray and/or sunscreen depending on the weather and your personal needs, especially if you plan to stay awhile and enjoy the grounds.
- Strollers are welcomed and may be used for 75% of the tour. Thin and lightweight strollers are the best option.
- If one of your guests will be using a wheelchair, you’ll want to designate someone who can help push the wheelchair on some of the sloped or rough areas of the pathway.
- Visit the Gift Shop and purchase a memento of your trip
- Pan for gemstones or fossils
- Pick out a geode to crack on the porch
- Get a snack or a soda
- Bring a picnic lunch and eat at one of the two picnic areas
- Walk around the pond and listen to the frogs. See if you can spot a turtle or a goldfish
- Sit in a rocking chair on the porch and watch the many hummingbirds
Take in Other Local Attractions
- Bagnell Dam
- Bridal Cave
- Jacobs Cave
- Outlet Shopping
- Truman Reservoir
- Ozark Yacht Club
- Check out FunLake.com for current events and activities in the Lake Area
Stay the Night at a Nearby Hotel
Email addresses of users are stored when they voluntarily subscribe to any or all of our different email services. Other information may include the store you shop most frequently. Customers may remove themselves from any mailing list by following the instructions contained in every email, and their email addresses are removed from all lists.
We also use “cookies” – a small piece of information that tells our Web site that you have visited previously. Cookies are stored on your computer’s hard drive, and only our Web site can read the cookie. Cookies may be used to store user preferences and other information. You can set your Internet options to refuse all cookies, or indicate when a cookie is being sent. Be aware, however, that some Web site features or services may not function properly without cookies.We track user patterns throughout our site, but this information is not correlated with data about individual users. Overall usage statistics, acquired by reading the information from the browser string (information contained in every user’s browser) also are broken down. This information is used to determine the effectiveness of our Web site according to user preference, and make changes to better suit your needs.
When we sell products or services through our Web site, the information we gather such as credit card numbers, addresses, phone numbers, etc., are protected through the use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption software, known as the industry standard for being the safest format for the transmittal of personal information on the Internet. But even SSL cannot guarantee total security, and providing the personal information is done at your own risk.
If you have any questions about this policy, please direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to:
125 Cave Drive
Eldon, MO 65026