2023 Scout Camping in the Cavern
Thank you for your interest in booking a camping adventure at Stark Caverns. We are excited to make you Scout Camping Trip a fun and educational experience. Please fill out this form and click submit. We will review your request and contact you to confirm dates and confirm your reservation details. If you have addtional questions, please call us: 573-TOP-CAVE Ext 2 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTICE: We require a minimum of 10 scouts to make a reservation. No exceptions!
PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM/JUNK FOLDER WITHIN 12-24hrs AFTER SUBMITTING.
In order to provide a safe, fun, entertaining event for all, Stark Caverns has put together the following guidelines for vendors. Please read the items below carefully before submitting your registration form.
- We require a Minimum of 10 Scouts (Not including adults) to book a camping experience.
- Requests for bookings with less than 10 scouts will not be eligible for a reservation.
- If reservation headcount of scouts falls below 10 scouts on the camp date, scout groups are required to pay the full amount for 10 scouts.
- Reservations are required minimum 14 days before requested camp date.
- All scouts are required to be accompanied by an adult or troop leader at all times while on property.
- Cancellation must be made within 48 hours of your reserved camp date. Failure to cancel within that 48 hours will result in a $100 cancellation fee invoiced & due within 7 days.
- The person who makes the reservation is responsible for meeting all of these guidelines and understands the fees due if cancellation or below minimum headcount occurs.
- Stark Caverns is a real, natural & living cave. The camping area is located in or large ballroom area which is approx. 100-200 feet from the open-air entrance of the cave. There is NO heating sources or air conditioning in the cave. The temperature in this area is only a few degrees different from the current outside temperatures. Winter months are VERY cold, but the ballroom is typically dry during the winter season. We recommend if camping in the winter months to come prepared for freezing temperatures. Warmer months are usually warm, humid, and wetter conditions inside the ballroom area.
- No fires, grills, or other heat sources are allowed inside the cavern. A fire pit / picnic area is available on the opposite side of the pond from the cave for cooking/general use.
- Electrical outlets are available around the ballroom area where campers will be staying. When the cave lights are turned out for the evening, these outlets will not have power. We can accomodate power needs for medical devices & other accessibility needs upon request. We encourage our guests to bring exstention cords and power adapters to meet your needs.
- Campers must remain in the ballroom area of the cave. No access to the other areas of the cavern are permitted during overnight stays.
- Scouts must be under the direct supervision of a troop leader or parent at all times while on property. No exceptions!
- No Food is allowed inside the cavern. Canteens / Water bottles are allowed with water ONLY.
- Campers are responsible for cleaning up camping areas & picnic areas. Trash cans are provided and a large dumpster is available near Visitor Center for bulk trash from stay.
- Hiking Trails are self-guided, at-your-own-risk. Troops are responsible for staying on the paths and only accessing areas noted by trail signage.
- Firewood for cooking/campfire is available at the fire pit. Please use only what is needed. This wood is for all scout campers. Campers who use excessive amounts of wood will be subject to a $25.00 charge at the end of their stay.
- If food or drinks (non-water) are spilled or left in the cavern, a $150 cleaning fee will be charged to the troop. Potential permanent ban from future stays will also be considered by Stark Caverns Management.
- We recommend the following items:
- Sleeping bags / cots / air mattress
- Tents are welcome (smaller is best)
- Cooking supplies & food / snacks for your stay
- Blankets, jackets, coats, etc.
- Lanterns / Flashlights
- Phone Chargers
- Rain panchos/jackets
- Hiking Gear
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Check-out time is 9:00am. All scouts, gear, trash & other equipment must be out of the cave no later than 9:00am. Our team will be opening up the Visitors Center & Cavern for daily operations. Campers are welcome to utilize the picnic areas or hiking trails after 9am, but we do request that you move your vehicles to the overflow parking area to allow our regular guests access to the visitor center parking area.