Check Weather Conditions
- We are open everyday for tours except Christmas Day and Thanksgiving Day.
- If the weather calls for snow or ice, call ahead to make sure the caverns are open. Visitor safety is a top priority so we will close the caverns if the weather or road conditions become too dangerous.
- Expect to walk several hundred feet on an uncovered gravel pathway to the cave entrance – bring a warm coat in the cool seasons and a rain jacket and umbrella for rainy days.
- The road to access the caverns is gravel, ending in a fairly steep hill down to the caverns. These roads may be challenging in inclement weather. Make sure your vehicle is suitable for these conditions.
- Wear comfortable shoes, preferably with a closed toe and good traction. You will be walking three-fourths of a mile over the course of your tour in areas that are near gravel, dirt and rocks. Several portions of the pathway are wet and could be slick.
- Have a light jacket or sweater to wear in the caverns – 57 degrees can feel chilly for many folks. We have sweatshirts for sale in the Gift Shop.
- Dress casually and be prepared to be dripped on during the caverns walk. We call these drips “Cavern Kisses.”
- Bring bug spray and/or sunscreen depending on the weather and your personal needs, especially if you plan to stay awhile and enjoy the grounds.
- Strollers are welcomed and may be used for 75% of the tour. Thin and lightweight strollers are the best option.
- If one of your guests will be using a wheelchair, you’ll want to designate someone who can help push the wheelchair on some of the sloped or rough areas of the pathway.
- Visit the Gift Shop and purchase a memento of your trip
- Pan for gemstones or fossils
- Pick out a geode to crack on the porch
- Get a snack or a soda
- Bring a picnic lunch and eat at one of the two picnic areas
- Walk around the pond and listen to the frogs. See if you can spot a turtle or a goldfish
- Sit in a rocking chair on the porch and watch the many hummingbirds
Take in Other Local Attractions
- Bagnell Dam
- Bridal Cave
- Jacobs Cave
- Outlet Shopping
- Truman Reservoir
- Ozark Yacht Club
- Check out FunLake.com for current events and activities in the Lake Area
Stay the Night at a Nearby Hotel
- America’s Best Value Inn
- Eldon Inn
- Lake of the Ozarks
- The Garden House Bed and Breakfast (https://thegardenhousebnb.com)
Check out TripAdvisor’s recommendations for other nearby hotels
Still Have Questions?
Read our FAQs.